Las Olas Real Estate is always a topic of hot discussion. The most desirable, central location in in Fort Lauderdale is Las Olas Blvd. It’s not hard to see why. The location is close to the beach, close to downtown, close to, well, just about everything desirable in the area. Not to mention a boaters dream location, and… close to the Ocean with no fixed bridges! It’s the ideal location for everything, so you can always expect the Las Olas Real Estate Market is going to be a good bet. There are four primary neighborhoods that make up the Las Olas Real Estate Market:
Las Olas Real Estate Neighborhoods
- Downtown, which primarily consists of Luxury high-rise condominium buildings. Some along the Tarpon River(New River), some on the North Side of Las Olas Blvd. The location is perfect for those that want to live high in the air, have expansive views of Fort Lauderdale, be steps to fine dining, shops, night-life and more. This neighborhood can be especially convenient if you work downtown Fort Lauderdale. There’s always a bit of traffic coming into Las Olas Blvd. This can be avoided if you’re already here!
- Very unique to the Las Olas Real Estate Market is Beverly Heights neighborhood which has a much more diverse range of homes. There’s a Luxurious mid-rise condominium for those that like the building lifestyle. But in addition, homes, waterfront homes, low rise condo buildings, co-ops and townhouses can be found scattered throughout this wonderful Las Olas neighborhood. This neighborhood is also within “steps” to fine dining, shops, night-life and more. Beverly Heights neighborhood is one of the easiest neighborhoods to access from the main road US1.
- The neighborhood most un-effected by large modern high-rise buildings is Colee Hammock. Colee Hammock has a building code that limits the height of new construction. This neighborhood has the small town charm and adds a wonderful vibe to the Las Olas Real Estate market. Colee Hammock has a variety of homes as well, excluding High-rise. You can expect to find townhouses, condos, co-ops, single-family homes and some amazing waterfront homes as well. This neighborhood is a bit further from the more developed retail areas of Downtown and Beverly Heights, but it’s a growing part of Las Olas Blvd that has some dining, retail and commercial business. Colee Hammock offers a small town feel within walking distance to the more commercial/retail areas.
- Last, but certainly not least is the neighborhood called the Las Olas Isles. This neighborhood in particular is one of the reasons why Fort Lauderdale is known as the “Venice of America”. The Las Olas Isles consists of several “finger” isles stretching out from Las Olas Blvd. Waterfront homes here, have deep water access, quick ocean access and no fixed bridges. The neighborhood is primarily made up of single-family homes, most are waterfront homes with boat docks. There are a few of Isles along with a couple scattered areas that are host to low-rise condos and townhouses. Again, most on the water with either deeded docks or dock space available. This is “THE” boaters paradise and the primary Las Olas Real Estate Market. The area sees constant development, tear-downs and new construction. There isn’t much to go, claim your Las Olas Isles home today!
- There are other, very close and amazing neighborhoods that surround Las Olas. For a complete list, call, email or check out our Fort Lauderdale Communities Page for more neighborhoods.
Interested in buying or selling a home in these neighborhoods? Contact Living Las Olas!